Now are the days of following your dreams and pursuing your passions wholeheartedly. And for a lot of us, that’s through online businesses.
One of the best things I ever did was follow that dream that I had years ago. It has been one of the most rewarding experiences being able to connect with you guys and build our own online family.
Allie Reeves, queen of online business strategy, is taking a seat on the LWL podcast this week. Allie is an entrepreneur, mom of two, and podcaster herself. So I’d say we have a lot in common :)
Here’s a little more about Allie for those of you that don’t know her:
Allie is a social media strategist turned business strategy mentor. So for all you 9-5 corporate girlies out there looking to be your own boss… there is hope!
Allie is passionate about helping women create their own wealth, and her mission is to “help women effectively grow their businesses, brands and revenue in life-changing magnitude”. And don’t forget to tune in to her podcast,“All In With Allie.”
As you know, both Allie and I are working moms, so we know firsthand how difficult it can be. Working in the online business space has been the absolute best thing for me as a mom, so if you are even somewhat interested - this conversation is for you.
Do you have a dream or an idea that you’re passionate about? Ask yourself - what’s stopping you from starting?
It can be easy to let fear stop us from pushing ourselves to reach our goals, but does the comfort the “now you” receives outweigh the reward the “future you” will get if you take the risk?
Confidence is key. There’s no better time to start living boldly and fiercely than now. Confidence is actually the #1 factor that Allie looks for in her potential clients. You have to first believe in yourself before others will believe in you.
Okay, so you’ve got the confidence down. Now, how do you sell yourself or your product?
Allie had some great tips about this:
- Don’t apply pressure! No one likes a pushy salesperson.
- Lead with what’s in it for them. People will be drawn to the transformation you can offer, not the steps to get there.
- Give them the info and trust that you are attracting the right people. We all want to work with a self-led woman.
I struggle often with the feelings that someone else can do my job better than I can. While there mayalways be someone who can reach higher engagement, or put together a more creative outfit, or splice up the best reel… no one is authentically and uniquely YOU.
Allie said it best - “there are certain people meant to learn from you specifically”. That really encouraged me to continue showing up for you guys, and I hope it gives you a confidence boost today, too. That you matter and people will show up for YOU! So don’t try to be someone you’re not.
There were just so many nuggets of wisdom in today’s episode, but I can’t cover them all here, so here’s a brief overview before you listen:
- How to get through the beginning stages of your business.
- Allie used to be a corporate girlie… what is her biggest skill/ takeaway from her 9-5?
- How do you make time to dream up new visions while keeping up with day-to-day tasks?
- What’s something Allie does every single day that helps set her up for success?
- The story behind the shift in her branding after becoming a mom.
- Social media, metrics, and all the things.
- How to keep yourself accountable to reach your goals.
If that certain dream or idea comes to mind… be encouraged, not overwhelmed by this. Let your passions push you, and remember that the best of us have failed along the way, but we wouldn’t be here today if we didn’t continue pushing through.
So whatever passion, business, or talent that may be, take the risk. It’s worth it.
We are on your team, cheering you on along the way!
Hear more from Allie:
Watch the new episode below!